Our goal is a frontend that is accessible and user-friendly for all users. In our professional frontend development we make sure that the good user experience (UX) of our concept specialists and the responsive design of our designers is optimally implemented. This is where customers enjoy the UI. Our frontend team works closely and iteratively with conception, design and backend.
We know your requirements before we start to develop
First we want to know what the frontend has to do. Our frontend developers deal with your needs and requirements. That's why we start with the frontend specification:
- The non-functional requirements:
Together with you, we define which browsers and devices are supported from the desktop to the mobile devices. We also clarify which accessibility guidelines must be observed (WCAG level). In addition, we define with you which performance indicators such as loading times, file sizes or display in the browser (rendering) the application must meet.
- The functional requirements:
We define what the site as a whole and the components in detail must be able to do. What are the functionalities? How is the user interface designed?
The frontend prototype according to your needs
Clean backend integration
The prototype serves as the basis for the backend implementation. If possible, the templates can be reused in any backend technology.
Living Style Guide
The prototype's pattern library can also serve as a Living Style Guide. This way you always have design and code clearly documented and automatically up to date. Designers and developers stay in line and complex interfaces can be managed cleanly.
Modular and flexible
During development, our Web developers divide the frontend into individual, clear components. We develop these components in such a way that they can be used flexibly and reused.
Your advantages with our frontend development
- We guarantee high accessibility: Our goal is a website that is accessible. The product should also be well usable for visitors with limited abilities. In our development work, for example, we make sure that keyboard operability and the use of screen readers are perfectly possible.
- Accessible to all: We work closely with the "Access for all" foundation. It is the only certification body for accessibility in Switzerland. We support the foundation as technical experts and actively participate in its Accessibility Developer Guide. In addition, we regularly test which technical implementations are actually accessible.
- High performance: With our frontend development you benefit from high performance.
- Interdisciplinary and connected: We rely on an agile and iterative cooperation with conception, design and backend development.
Our offer more than frontend development
- We think holistically: Thus we also offer the appropriate tools that lead our projects to success:Pattern Library: Avoid inconsistencies, uncontrolled growth and unnecessary duplication of design and web-based functionalities. Historically grown features, which are not coordinated, belong to the past. The Pattern Library also serves as a long-lived Living Style Guide. In this way, your website remains consistent even in the further development after Golive.
- Estático – customized environment: With Estático we have developed the technological basis for it ourselves. Estático is a static website generator (based on Node.js). We use it in our daily work to quickly create clean, modern, accessible and maintainable static websites.
- Frontend preview server: You can monitor the development status of the frontend at any time during the project. We provide you with a unique URL. You can always see what we have changed in the meantime.
- Device Lab: The application can be put through its paces in our Device Lab in Zurich. On all common devices and with the latest software.
We thoroughly test your digital presence on all devices.
Design and code are always clearly documented and automatically up-to-date.
We develop accessible websites according to WCAG standards.
Unic has implemented SBB's "ticket machine of the future" with Web Components. In his interview, Yves Tscherry, Senior Frontend Engineer at Unic, explains what's so special about the ticket machine.
Marius Bleuer and Yves Tscherry, Frontend Engineers at Unic, have had their share in the relaunch of sbb.ch. They are talking about the Frontend-specific objectives and challenges of the Project.
Great API mocking can make testing easier and reveal UI and UX problems early in a project. Because we weren’t happy with current services and libraries, we’ve built a new service to fulfil our needs. You can check it out over here – it’s called FakeQL.
The discipline of frontend development has undergone rapid change in recent years. In this post, Fredi Bach, Frontend Developer at Unic presents his personal view about the importance and development perspectives of frontend development.