What Is the Microsoft Azure Cloud?
Microsoft Azure is a highly scalable public cloud computing platform providing various Azure services as well as infrastructure worldwide. When using Azure, your company still retains complete data sovereignty at all times. It is entirely up to you whether you store specific information on the platform or locally. And to enable your company to react quickly to any new developments in the future, Microsoft continues to enhance the scope of Azure with new services and updates.
At Unic, we harness Microsoft Azure to set up a flexible cloud IT infrastructure for our customers. Good to know: The solution adapts to your specific requirements and makes your own IT infrastructure obsolete. Numerous standard services such as virtual machines, SQL databases, Kubernetes clusters and many others can be included, extended and combined. Available services include infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and software as a service (SaaS). In general, it is safe to assume that any conceivable operating systems, languages, tools and frameworks will be supported. For example, even Linux has been included in the standard portfolio. And thanks to data centres across the global, the services come with a very high availability while adhering to strict data security regulations (GDPR compliant).
Your Trust in Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft has been listed as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for cloud services for many years. Source: Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure 2020.
- Microsoft was a Leader in the Forrester Wave report 2020/2021 – areas: public cloud development/infrastructure as well as Azure function. Source: Wave Reports: Public Cloud Development and Infrastructure & Azure Function.
Azure and Data Security
Data security is of utmost importance to European companies. To address this, Microsoft offers various data centres across Europe for cloud applications. This allows you to implement location-specific requirements such as data storage, security and compliance.
- All data will be encrypted and only stored at the location of the data centre selected by you.
- Regardless of the location or service, any data will be mirrored and can be synchronised between different data centres upon request. This ensures the continuity of business process as well as recovery 24/7.
Your Resources, Your Cost Savings
By using Microsoft Azure, you will automatically increase flexibility for your internal organisation. Outsource issues such a security, capacity, expertise and technology risks to us and allow your employees to focus on your company’s core business.
An additional benefit is reduced overheads. Operation and maintenance of IT and applications will be obsolete or at least noticeably reduced.
Your Benefits With the Azure Cloud
- Flexible and automated provision of scalable services and applications.
- Provision of highly scalable storage and computing resources.
- Rapid response to changes in demand and load peaks.
- High availability (99.95%) of the overall system.
- The comprehensive features and various apps enable swift implementation of innovative solutions.
- You can add as many applications as you want to your cloud at any time, making it easy to manage resources.
- Azure also processes locally stored data.
- Microsoft Azure is easy to integrate into existing IT infrastructure.
As a managed service provider, we will host your web application in the public cloud provided by our partners Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure. We can also support the public cloud solutions of a technology partner of your choice.
With technologically highly innovative solutions and a clear UX orientation, the new multisite platform covers the entire system landscape of Zurich Airport and thus meets the diverse needs.