Drupal 8 At a Glance
- User-friendly – Drupal 8 is a content management system (CMS) that allows editors to easily create, maintain and manage any content.
- Complex requirements met – The existing functions and modules as well as the underlying architecture of the system simplify the implementation and development of complex requirements.
- Versatile – Drupal 8 can cover the full range of today's CMS and Web 2.0 needs, from simple blogs to corporate websites, community portals and commerce.
- The Community – Drupal 8 has particular strengths in its extensive community functions. The system also supports a differentiated system of roles and rights.
- The most used programming language worldwide – Drupal is currently available in version 8 and is written on PHP and MySQL. Both large and small companies rely on Drupal 8, which underlines the versatility and scalability of the system.
Drupal Commerce – Successful Shopping Experience
Drupal Commerce is tightly integrated into the current version of the Drupal Web landscape. That's a good thing. Nowadays, content and commerce interlock more and more in the Customer Journey. Relevant content makes a significant contribution to sales in commerce.
Drupal Commerce offers you many advantages:
- With Drupal Commerce, shop functionalities and product management can be implemented directly in the CMS.
- Drupal Commerce is highly configurable. This enables our developers to implement the requirements of your company as well as the market requirements in an optimal version.
- The numerous modules of Drupal Commerce meet the high shopping demands of your customers.
- Drupal Commerce is also highly flexible and can be easily integrated into third-party systems.
In short: Drupal Commerce ensures a seamless shopping experience with its integration into Drupal 8.
How We Work With Drupal 8
Your project with Unic will involve an experienced, dedicated and well-trained Drupal team. Our developers implement your needs professionally and sustainably. We work closely with you. And we attach great importance to ensuring that no silos or redundancies are created in the project.
Our quality standards are high: The development of the architecture and the framework conditions meet current and future digital requirements.
Your Advantages With Drupal 8 and Drupal Commerce
- Open architecture – With its open architecture, Drupal 8 enables the integration of many tools such as CRM systems, mobile applications or e-commerce.
- Flexibility – Because Drupal 8's source code is open, anyone can modify and adapt it for their own purposes. Parts of the source code can be rewritten or completely replaced according to your needs.
- Modular design – Drupal 8's flexible templates and modules allow you to distribute your content optimally. They also meet the high demands placed on commerce projects.
- Security – A dedicated Drupal community ensures that security updates are constantly available for Drupal's open source code. We can always close security gaps quickly.
- No license costs – With Drupal you pay no license costs.
Our Drupal projects viollier.ch, schulthess-klinik.ch and cashgate.ch won 1x gold, 1x silver, 1x bronze and, as the crowning achievement, second place in the «Project of the Year» at the Splash Awards 2019. For the first time, the best Drupal projects in Switzerland were honoured at the Splash Awards by an independent jury.
This year, pretty much all of the Unic Drupal team attended DrupalCon Amsterdam. Join us in hearing some Unic voices about our first contribution at DrupalCon Amsterdam.
Drupal is often and rightly referred to as a classic CMS. However, in recent years Drupal has also made a name for itself in the headless and decoupled scene.
At the Swiss Splash Awards, our Drupal projects www.viollier.ch, schulthess-klinik.ch and cashgate.ch have been awarded in Gold, Silver and Bronze. Furthermore, our project Viollier won second place at the "Project of the year" ranking.
The Schulthess Clinic underwent a complete renewal of its digital presence by implementing a new branding and an improved user experience. With the new, responsive website, the clinic is improving the user experience of patients and referring physicians.